Certified Home Care Aide Training Program
Martha & Mary now offers the Washington State approved 70-hour training course required for registration and testing for the Washington State Home Care Aide certification. Effective January 7, 2012, Long-Term Care Workers, (those who work in state licensed Adult Family Homes, Boarding Home and Home Care Agencies) who are not otherwise exempt, must meet the following training and certification requirements:
- 70 hours of basic training
- 5 hours of orientation and safety
- Curriculum Includes:
- Core Competencies: competencies and skills needed to provide personal care services effectively and safely
- Population Specific Competencies: competencies related to topics unique to the care needs of the population serve
- The class size is limited, so applicants will be screened and the best candidates selected from those who have applied. The purpose of this program is to help people gain entry into a new career field; therefore, we will not select those who are currently working in the field or who are grandfathered under current law and are not required to complete the training.
Important Forms (click to download or follow links)
2014 Class Schedule*
- Please call 360-871-4425 for information regarding the next scheduled class.
Martha & Mary AT HOME
2497 Bethel Rd SE
Port Orchard, WA 98366
Phone: (360) 871-4425