Nursing Assistant Certified
Being a Nursing Assistant Certified (NAC) is a unique and special opportunity.
NACs become part of the daily life of each resident with whom they work, helping to ensure that the resident lives their life with dignity, comfort, usefulness and companionship. It can be difficult work both physically and mentally . However, most NACs agree that the challenging work is more than made up for by a multitude of personal rewards.
NAC Training Program
At Martha & Mary we offer a cost-effective training program for our existing staff and members of the community who have an interest in becoming an NAC.
Whether you are thinking about a career as an NAC or using our program as a foundation for a different health profession, our program will prepare you to experience first-hand the rewards and challenges that one will face as a nursing assistant.
Click here for our NAC Training Program Fact Sheet
- May 19 - June 11 (application due date: April 4)
- July 8 - 28 (application due date: June 2)
- September 9 - 29 (application due date: July 25)
- October 20 – November 7 (application due date: August 20)
- December 1 – 19 (application due date: November 3)
Information Sessions (applicants must attend prior to class start date):
- April 7 and 8
- June 5 and 6
- July 31 and August 1
- August 21 and 22
- November 6 and 7
Applying to the Program
Our NAC Training Program is in high demand and the application process is competitive. To be accepted as a student for the program, applicants must meet these general requirements:
- Submit a complete Program Application by the deadline (see above for due dates)
- Attend an information session where you will be asked to complete a background check applications and take a short test to verify reading comprehension and basic math skills
- Attend an interview with the NAC instructor (by request only)
Administrative Assistant, Training & Development