Nursing Assistant Certification Training Program
We offer a cost-effective, state-approved training program to qualified community members who wish to become a Nursing Assistant.
Successful completion of this class prepares students to pass the Nursing Assistant Certification Exam for Washington State.
All program graduates are encouraged to apply for Nursing Assistant positions with Martha & Mary.
About the Program
- Our program is conducted at Martha & Mary Health and Rehab Center in Poulsbo.
- The class is 5 weeks long and requires full-time attendance.
- The program begins with classroom learning and laboratory skill practice, followed by hands-on experience working with our clinical team and residents on the nursing floor.
- Student fees include:
- $65 Nursing Assistant Registered (NAR) state application fee, collected on the third day of class. This enables students to participate in the clinical training portion of the program.
- $65 Nursing Assistant Certification (NAC) state application fee, due at the end of the program. Students receive their Nursing Assistant Certification after passing the state’s Nursing Assistant Certification Exam.
- Martha & Mary provides program graduates we hire as Nursing Assistants with a $110 voucher to cover the cost of the state’s Nursing Assistant Certification Exam.
- Our 2019 class schedule will be posted in November 2018.
Applying to the Program
To be accepted as a student for our Nursing Assistant Certification Training Program, applicants must be 18 years of age and meet the following general requirements:
- Submit a completed Nursing Assistant Certification Training Program Application to Martha & Mary by the class deadline.
- Attend an Information Session at Martha & Mary Health and Rehab Center. At this session, you will be asked to complete a background check application and take a short test to verify your reading comprehension and basic math skills.
- Attend an Interview with the program instructor at Martha & Mary Health and Rehab Center (by request only)