Sometimes hospice services are not a feasible option. When a loved one requires end of life care in a skilled nursing setting, and Medicare is the primary insurer, costs may prohibit utilization of hospice services. Although you have the right to utilize hospice services in your home or in a skilled nursing facility, the Medicare Hospice Benefit does not cover skilled nursing facility room and board and, unfortunately, the practicality of financial issues must come into play for many families.
The Martha & Mary family extends its compassion and expertise to all phases of health care. At Martha & Mary our team of caring professionals will guide you and your loved ones through the most difficult times.
Our interdisciplinary team focuses on the patient’s personal wishes and addresses any issues which may cause physical or emotional pain. Additionally, we have partnered with a number of hospice services to help us meet our primary goal: the comfort of your loved one by caring for their physical, emotional and spiritual needs.
- Grief education & support
- On-site Chapel & Chaplain
- Private rooms, as available
- Individual plan of care focusing on dignity, comfort, and overall quality of life
- An interdisciplinary team of professionals including your physician, pharmacist consultant, professional nurses and social workers
- Special focus on appropriate pain management
- Private family gathering rooms