A Mission and Ministry Begin
February 2, 2016
In 1891, Reverend Ingebrit Tollefson and other leaders of the First Lutheran Church (Fordefjord Congregation, at that time, a member of the United Norwegian Lutheran Church) saw the need for an orphanage in the region. Inspired in part by their church’s association with the West Coast Lutheran School and Charity Association, Reverend Tollefson, church members and the community built a home to care for 20 children in Poulsbo. The establishment of this orphanage marks the official beginnings of Martha & Mary.
Receive email updates when we add updates.